Doodling and cartooning in the corners of my school books was the beginning of a passion for drawing what I saw around me. I was inspired by an early trip to see the great art galleries of Europe and was hooked on art.
I started to experiment with paint, ink and clay. I still find experimenting with new techniques and materials exciting.
- Drawing and sculpture courses at Central Technology School, Toronto
- Theory of colour with Ontario College of Art and Design
- Art Therapy – Toronto Art Therapy Institute (2 years)
- Studied watercolour with Donnah Cameron 11 (second) (2 years)
- Workshops with Haliburton School of Fine Art in life drawing and intuitive drawing
- Numerous workshops in Ontario, and extensive overseas painting trips
- Juried art shows with Willowdale Group of Artists, Society of York Region Artists
- Kingcrafts, Town of Aurora Annual Art Show
- Shows in Newmarket, Mississauga, Toronto
- Created wall murals for children in Toronto, Calgary and Aurora
Working mainly with watercolour on paper and acrylic on canvas and mixed media, I focus on interpreting my response to nature and human character through light, colour and mood, impressionistic and lately as abstraction. I like to paint ‘en plein air’ in order to see, feel, smell, and experience the creative process and try to pass that on to the viewer. It is a challenge and one I enjoy.